Europe: Portugal 1.2 - Scream for Ice cream!

02:16 CallieKaylee 0 Comments

Last blog post on Portugal. I'm wondering how long I'll take to blog about this entire trip. It's only a 2-days trip in Portugal but I'm taking forever to blog about it. Been studying like shit throughout the sem break. Okay I'm not that hardworking but I totally have no idea where my precious time went. I actually plan to blog most of my journey throughout June before heading to Bkk, which is like one month away, I guess i'll fail. So bear with me and my snail/tortoise-ness lol

I'm gonna have to share my favourite ice-cream! Really really love it! Just like how I fell for Pasteis de Belem   
Santini Chiado @ Rua do Carmo


I like the way the shop looks. Mostly red and white. Simple. But filled with happiness 

I Gelati Piu Fini del Mondo - The World's Finest Ice cream

Santini allows you to get 2 Sabores(flavors) even when you order 1 bola(scoop), 3 flavors for 2 scoop and 4 flavors for 4 scoop. Trust me get the largest one coz you'll never get enough of it, and you will wanna try all the flavors. 


Here's the flavor list  :O

Most of the flavors are fruit-based sorbet, perfect for summer! Fruity sorbet are definitely my fav, next is the nuts-based ice cream. I personally don't fancy chocolate ice cream, so no comments. 

So i ordered my first 3 flavors-double scoop gelati. 

Pistachio - Strawberry - Melon
Look at how pretty and colorful it is. The summer feel ~
Unwillingly I left the shop to go to our next stop... That little cone of ice cream is not satisfying enough!

Next stop : Elevador de Santa Justa

Extraordinary structure. And I love how that ray there is so bright. Connecting lower streets of the Baixa and  higher Carmo Square. 

There are 2 cabins but still very long queue outside. 

Got our tickets! Up we go!

The elevator doesn't take you up to the top. It's more like a intermediate level, which from there u can walk up the spiral stairs to reach the top. Or walk towards the back, exiting this attraction but still see a beautiful part of this city. 

Lens spotting the castle-like structure.

Looking beyond the sea, which I suppose is by the Cascais beach, where there's another Santini outlet. 
 Beach and ice cream :D

Me! Standing high up, enjoying the view of Lisbon


With my purchases from Bershka n Blanco

The spiral stairs...

And I've mentioned about the beautiful view after exiting right? This is it. 

Some guy sketching under a tree. So drama like that..


In love with those purple trees! But still I wish to go Japan again, but during April to see sakura bloom :(


Later on, we passed by this quite cool art work. Numerous post-it/stick on paper being combined side-by-side. And most of it have messages written on them. 


Can't see the messsages written on them :(

Arca da Rua Angusta

Last tram ride in Lisbon

We got off the tram at some station near Chiado. Yes, due to my cravings for Santini, I've repeatedly praise Santini all along the way. So mumsy and sis have no choice but to let me return to Santini once more on our last night in Lisbon. If i never get to eat it for one more time I know I'll regret forever. It's FOOD.... 

Btw opposite of Santini, there's H&M. I prefer Europe's H&M compared to the ones in UK coz they actually have size 4  ^-^
But i made the most terrible mistake by not buying this dress. I was like "Let me think first. Go Spain sure got also la. Worry bout the ice cream first"...

Regret also no use ady. Can't find it in Spain. UK left with all the size 8 and above :((

#happykid

During my second visit, I actually have three more cups of ice cream. Coz after having a cup, I'll go like "how does kiwi sorbet taste like??" Then mumsy will stuff some money in my hand and ask me not to complain anymore after that. Santini also let you try all their flavors, so always try first before u order ;)

So these are the flavors that I've tried :

Look at how beautifully they swirl the flavor together. And the color combinations are so pretty 
 From left : Pistachio - Strawberry - Melon, 
Hazelnut - Passionfruit , 
Kiwi - Lemon w/ Raspberry,
Coffee - Santrini [made up of three types of citrus fruit, quite sour but I like it!]

I bet I'll never get to return unless I get to study abroad in UK or fly there someday when I'm rich

That's about it for my 2 days-2 nights trip in Lisbon. Slightly rush but still I enjoyed every itsy-bitsy of it. 
Especially the food #love hate relationship 

I'm actually finishing this blog post on a Monday. Sick on the first day of school after the three weeks sem break. And there's maths test tomorr. Why must all unfortunate things come at once? :(
But there's one good news though, bestie is joining me for the Bangkok trip end of this month! Can't wait! 

Will try to blog as soon as I can.
Prolly once or twice more in this month? 
Kinda busy this month esp with university application stuff, 
personal statement...
                                                                                                                             ♥  ♥                   


0 comments: