Hoshino Tomamu Resort & The Water Chapel

22:45 CallieKaylee 0 Comments

First time flying to Tokyo and Hokkaido on my own. The last time I flew to Osaka alone wasn’t this scary coz I had my lovely host family who came and pick me from the airport and gave me too much love for that two days.


This time it is Tokyo, where I have no friends. 
Didnt want to admit this, but there is some sense of fear. I could barely remember any Japanese that I’ve learnt during Form 4. Furthermore these two years of Korean studies have further push those left over Japanese expressions into some black hole. So I’m relying on those languages that I know, plus the most useful body language and a big fat smile that I have - nothing works better than a smile!
Since my next flight to Hokkaido is on the next morning 9am, I decided not to travel out from Haneda and sleep in a hotel for maybe 4 hours and travel back to the airport again. So I chose to stay up in the airport till the next morning.
First time man! Alone! In Japan! I dunno where did all these courage come from lol 
Btw totally didn’t expect my flight from HK to Haneda to not have a tv. And I threw my tablet into my backpack, in the overhead compartment. Songs and sleep, that’s it.
I arrived at ard midnight so there was like 9 hours for me to spend in the airport. Found a seat and started finding dramas to watch on my tablet. 3am snack: mentaiko onigiri from Lawson while searching for sockets to charge my stuff. It can be abit difficult to find sockets as sometimes when u find it but there isn't any chairs for you to sit. In the end I just leave in on the table and head to the bench nearby for some sleep. I trust Japan being safe but this act is all on your own risk, as you know it's all tourist in the airport.
Finally it's 5 am. 
Ebi burger from MOS Burger.

First time taking Japan Airlines. That self check-in machine, and I don’t even know where to check in my luggage. It was like I’m stranded in a lost town, but totally don’t mind coz it is Japan we’re talking about here. *bias*
I didn’t reach the domestic terminal too early, so when I got everything settled, it was about time to board. Not to forget KSSia’s call before I board, telling my how he’s worrying bout his law papers when I’m about to begin my #calliegoestoHokkaido solo tour. 
On the flight,I was surrounded literally by all Japanese. If i wasn’t with the typical Asian look that I can pretend to be a Japanese *dont beat me*, I would be the odd one being stared i guess. A cup of cold ocha for the 1 hour flight and I landed at New Chitose Airport.
Seriously is this dream come true or what? It has never once crossed my mind that Hokkaido would be a place where I would come on my own. What I imagined was this would only be my family trip destination or when I got that cash earned in my pocket. And one more, Hokkaido was only for Winter isn’t? I know bout the lavender and all but we can’t build a snowman in summer right, Elsa? *frozenpun*
Collected my luggage and there I have a 50 mins before the next bus ride. Hoshino had pre-booked a bus from the airport to Tomamu Resort for me. I was so thirsty at that time, trying to look for a water dispenser but sob sob, couldn't so I grabbed a grapefruit juice instead from Lawson's and went to the bus waiting area. And there I meet three other non-Japanese. Turns out that they are here under the same project too! A Taiwanese guy (really shy and quiet) and two girls from Singapore. There was supposed to be 6 of us under this project in the same bus but 2 of them didn't turn up. We only managed to meet that 2 on our last day while returning to the airport and got to know that their flights to Tokyo was delayed hence they missed the bus and arrived in Tomamu much later at night.
As soon as we reach Tomamu, checked in and got our welcoming drink at the lobby cafe while the helpful staff was giving us help on planning our activities for the next 3 days. My initial plan was to visit Furano and Takinoue Park for shibazakura and skip Sapporo. Coz Tomamu isn't located in Sapporo, it's 2 hours away by train as it's famous for Skiing during winter and Cloud Terrace in summer. Instead, he advised us that Furano is not ready for lavender yet and it was the season for these yellow flower (which I have no idea the name) and another day for Sapporo. 

We were so hungry after the whole day of plane and bus rides, so we went back to our rooms and took a quick shower and head for dinner together. Oh right forgot to mention that I actually didn't bring any non-summer clothes (except a denim jacket for my flight) coz my whole mind was thinking about the scorching hot Tokyo SUMMER so I didn't bother to check the weather forecast at all. Hokkaido treated me well on my arrival as it was 13 celcius just the best breezy weather I could ask for, for a summer vacation. But when the sun sets and when I visited Sapporo city, the weather was freaking below 10 degrees, worst being 3 celcius. Can u imagine me being in that chilly weather in tank top and shorts? Oh well I survived and had tons of fun though.
Getting ready for din din
#girlsbeinggirls

Had our first dinner in glasshouse in the forest ( I called it the Edward Cullen's house), .

After dinner we headed to another highlight of this resort, The Water Chapel. While i was researching about this resort, I found out that this is the place where Fish Leong had her MV taken.

Waiting for the shuttle bus

It's a really pretty place, popular for wedding ceremony. Met this Taiwanese family there where the kids are so cute and resemble that boy from Up.  



I can actually see part of the Water Chapel from my room, which might seem abit creepy coz of the lights lighting up the 'bald' trees there.

Headed back for some sleep before the Unkai hunt!

P.S//  Sorry for the discontinuation of the documentation of this trip :(

0 comments: