ABC x Acme Bar & Coffee

04:38 CallieKaylee 0 Comments

Heard about ABC cafe long long time ago but tied to the same old problem I have in Malaysia which is transport problem. Fortunately I have my best boy since primary school, who is willing to go for movie and lunch with me on a boring Monday. While watching movie we were deliberating whether to change venue for lunch coz I actually have no idea what I wanna eat here, besides trying their jackfruit cake. But due to the on-going 'i dunno where else to go so you decide lah', we stuck to the original plan.
I chose Smoked Duck Breast Pasta - creamy spaghetti carbonara with a mix of mushroom and smoked duck. Quite decent. JJ chose the ABC Surf & Turf Burger which consist of braised ox tongue and tempura oyster, served with fries but no salad. Should have requested to switch those fries to some greens. Wondered if he actually love burger so much or what coz the last time he ordered a pork burger at Three Little Pigs & The Big Bad Wolf too, galdly I suggested our next meal to be at BurgerLab! I seldom order burger coz I'm gonna take an hour to finish it and it will look super messy I swear unless i use my hands lol
Out of the many choices of cakes, we decided to grab a slice of jackfruit cake coz that's my main purpose visiting this cafe, however it wasn't up to my expectation. Ordered a passion fruit sorbet too but unfortunately they said that chef went for some meeting and they couldn't serve that.
The jackfruit cake was rich with the fruit smell and sweetness,love the pistachio but personally I don't really enjoy the cake coz it is a sponge cake with cream. It didn't make me go 'wooh', I prefer something more dense maybe with bits of the fruit in it? The other substitute cake we got, Raspberry chocolate. Average only coz I'm not an all time chocolate fan, more bias toward dark bitter chocolate.
I was complaining to him how envious I am that he's flying to Taiwan coz all my summer trips did not work out. He even asked if I wanna to join them for their trip which was on the next day and we searched for flights on the spot. Too bad it was more expensive and out of my budget. So cool if I can actually fly with them and enjoy five days in Taiwan. Friends I need to visit in Taipei, too bad :(
We went on and on chatting about everything and recalled how miraculous is it that we actually bumped into each other twice out of the country #nostalgia . Once in Hatyai and another in USS Singapore. You are fated to be my bestfwen no escape haha!

Lastly...
Monday blue #ootd

Sending a friend to catch his plane back to UK. I hope we'll see each other in two month's time.
Till then, keep your fingers crossed!

0 comments: