Make a switch to Swich

08:07 CallieKaylee 0 Comments

Didn't intend to blog anymore for the month. At least two mocks for each week, how can I handle both blog and exam?! But I just couldn't concentrate anymore for today. I think it's the Sunday laziness in me. Sigh....
So here is a short food post I wanna do. About a cafe near college which somehow I didn't have a chance to give it a try since its opening in March. Finally my partner-in-crime decided to pay me a visit at Help (after 11.5 months) during my two hours break, so we chose Swich cafe which is conveniently located too near. 

Let me just give a brief intro of what I know about Swich cafe. Serving fine food which are priced reasonably, the food is made from distinctive recipes, developed in-house. It isn't any boring cafe coz it presents a great variety of different food, like Asian fusion, Italian and more. Furthermore Swich cafe comes up with different set lunch every week, something fresh, absent from the menu. The other famous attraction of Swich cafe would definitely be its dessert, especially cakes. Using the more likely uncommon ingredient, they produce durian and cempedak cakes, capturing the hearts of the local fruit fans.

If the above description does not trigger the urge for you to visit the place, perhaps take a look at what I've eaten there. We ordered two main course to be shared. Heard about how tasty the Beef and the Barbie but decided to leave it for my next visit coz Rene can't take beef.

Walnut Pine Nut Pesto Pasta 
The pasta is very nutty indeed. The chef is very generous, cooking the pasta with two handfuls of pine nuts perhaps. The pesto flavour is very rich. We could smell the aroma of it lingering inside our mouth and hear the sound of chipmunks munching walnuts lol. Not to forget the slices of cheese on top. I can't take too much of it coz it's slightly heavy, so I would prefer sharing it.

The Siamese Thin
Really like this sandwich! Abit Thai-style, now I miss Bangkok more. In between that yellow-buttery toast, there is some marinated chicken (but i don't exactly know what, very yummy though) and thin mango strips. The sandwich is not that heavy, so in fact I can finish the whole thing by myself. 


Weekly new set lunch posted up here.

Nice place to chill, have a meal, chat and gossip

Despite feeling 70% full already, we have to complete our mission. Trying their heavenly cakes. Took us quite some time making up our minds on whether to try Cempedak Tutti Frutti cake or the Durian Mud Pie. When we finally made a pick, only to know that it was sold out. 

So Durian Mud Pie it is! 
Creamy durian filling topped with rich ganache. On a thin layer of chocolate crust.

Sinful dessert, yet I feel like having a slice now. Forget about calories.


Selca w/ the partner-in-crime


Swich Cafe
M-01, Mezzanine Floor, Block B, HP Towers, 12 Jalan Gelenggang, Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur. 
Open on Mon-Fri only, from 8.00 to 5.30 
Do visit their fb page for new weekly lunch set and new cakes


Color blocking outfit of the day :)

Taken during dinner at The Gardens.

Black cut-out sleeve top from Bangkok, Coral-colored shorts from Atmosphere,
Turquoise watch from Guess, Khaki studded bag from Aldo and daily college Fitflop.

Happy Swiching everyone  

0 comments: